Welcome to Highland Christian School!
You have just entered a Model PLC school where all students are engaged in deep discipleship and high-level learning. We are a multi-denominational, multi-ethnic school community bound together by faith in Jesus Christ and a common, impassioned vision for students.
We provide covenant model Christian education that is distinctively Christian Reformed. While most schools just enroll the student; we engage with families. We work together with you, the parents, and your church to ensure that there is a consistent foundation of Biblical truth in every facet of learning and instruction.
All of our general subjects are mapped to Indiana state standards for education and our Bible curriculum is mapped to developmentally based, spiritual formation and discipleship goals. As such, Highland Christian provides a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students, at every grade level.
Student mastery levels are assessed periodically through formative and summative assessments. Based on this data, students receive a variety of push-in and pull-out supports that fill gaps or advance learning.
Through an ongoing process of collaboration, systematic inquiry, and action we are constantly in pursuit of better student outcomes.
We believe that one key to improved learning for students is continuous, job-embedded learning for educators. We provide regular access to and funding for these ongoing learning.
Our Admissions Portal is open!
Highland Christian School partners with parents who profess personal faith in Jesus Christ and are living their lives under the authority of God’s Word.
Here are about the culture and environment at HCS:
- Highland Christian School is a Professional Learning Community (PLC).
- We provide covenant-model, standards-based Christian education.
- All students participate in our 1:1 Technology Program.
- We are a certified Project Lead the Way (PLTW) School.
- Learning occurs in a blended environment where technology and teaching instruct each other and various learning styles are addressed.
- Classroom environments maximize student engagement.
- We actively cultivate a Growth Mindset Culture.
- We provide on-site Professional Development for our staff.
- We have a Mentor Teacher Program.
- We have a vibrant constituent base and strong Church relations.