At Highland Christian School, your child will enjoy a comprehensive education from a Christian perspective:
- All teachers have education degrees; Bachelor of Arts or Master’s
- Fully accredited program with academics excellence
- Exceptional facilities, including a state-of-the-art library with more than 10,000 titles
- The latest technology including a computer lab networked with computers in every classroom
- Resource classrooms offer extended academic support for students at all grade levels
- Band and choral program for grades 5-8
- Interscholastic sports from grades 6-8
Sonshine Enrichment Center exists to provide a secure, loving Christian environment where children develop spiritually, socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, and creatively. At SEC, we believe that each child is a special and unique creation of God. We encourage each child to recognize his or her value in God and the world He created.
Kindergarten – 8th Grade
All courses are Christ-centered, meeting a high academic standard, and taught by faculty committed to Christian instruction and scholarship. A life of worship demands that all activities are aimed at the honor of God and a life of Kingdom service that is consistent with God’s unique design and purpose in the life of each individual.
CSI and NCA Accreditation
In 2012, HCS was re-accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI) and the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA). In the accreditation process, board, staff and administrators evaluate every aspect of educating students. This process is designed to assist schools in a continual and intentional See, Sense and Serve.
A CSI site visit team will come to HCS for re-accreditation in 2016. In the meantime, HCS is busy with the School Improvement Plan to meet the measurable goals identified in the accreditation process. These goals are centered in the areas of student learning, faith development, community, and leadership.